Thursday, August 28, 2008
Am I fat?
That is a stupid question. I know I'm not. So, what is it with everyone's insistence that I MUST go to the gym before my wedding. Holy shit, I might not fit into my size 2 dress that I bought a whopping 4 months ago! I had a male, 50-something co-worker tell me today that if he were me, and had a dress fitting coming up (no he's not gay, and yes, he asked me when my fitting appointment was...weird), that he would be hitting that gym everyday! AND that I can't "let myself go" until after the wedding. Like I'm tricking Nick into marrying me, so I can become a lazy pig eating bonbons on the couch afterwards. Mind you, this is while he jammed a piece of work-wedding-shower cake in his face and I sat sipping my lemonade and sucking on a cough drop (nursing a summer cold). I have been avoiding the cake. Isn't that enough?! Why is there so much pressure to be some skinny anorexic bride? And then I can let myself go to hell in a hand-basket after the wedding. No one gives a crap about long term health or nutrition. Another male co-worker asked me if I was going to tan for my wedding. As if marital bliss can only be achieved if I've subjected my skin to more UV Rays and possible skin cancer than growing up in Florida already has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You are HOT!!!! Ingnore everyone's comments. Everyone did that to me too and I just ignored and I still fit into my gown even though I "let myself go" before the wedding. I love ya!
LOL! I got the same insistence! Gym and tanning! I did neither and looked damn hot at my wedding. Everyone's a critic and a know it all! Wait until you have kids... the insane comments continue!
1. Joe Berry is nutty as a fruitcake.
2. I am 100% heterosexual, and I'd so be on you if Nick didn't come in and rain on my parade.
3. You have the most beautiful feminine figure I've ever seen, and I'm so jealous of you that I probably subconsciously WANTED to step on your foot in my four-inch T-straps.
You're beautiful, just accept it.
ahhh... I hate thoes comments. I hate it!!!!
Post a Comment