Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

Hi all - I hope you had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. We had a "staycation" as Nick put it. On Friday, we met up with some old friends at the new local tavern for dinner and drinks, and managed to make some new friends, too! Saturday was wedding stuff and chores and errands. I think we have finished our wedding map! It looks pretty cool. We're just going to print it on 8.5x11" paper and fold it into the invite envelopes (if we ever buy any). On Sunday we had a pool birthday party for one of our neighbors. It was SO relaxing to float around the pool with a beer in hand. I'm wishing I were there right now instead of sitting in an office building...

After the pool party, we showered and dressed up super quick and headed off to our friends' wedding. It was everything our wedding is not. It was a religious ceremony. The reception was in a hall with massive chandeliers and gold-mirrored walls. There was a emcee in tails and white gloves. There was a full open bar and a live band. There were tons of people who probably aren't super close to the bride and groom - including us. It was pretty overwhelming. It did get Nick actually thinking about the wedding and interested in helping plan it. Although he says he has complete confidence in my wedding planning skills... He really shouldn't.

Right now I'm freaking out about the possibility of the hotel we booked for the guests and for the night-before party being a shithole. Mind you, it's the ONLY hotel in the whole freggin town. Nick's mom said she went by there and it seemed nice... I honestly wanted the party at this adorable little outdoor venue in downtown. We hadn't heard back from them, and it really wasn't up to me at the end of the day, so we're having the party at the Holiday Inn, which ends up being more expensive for less, but then guests don't have to drive anywhere. ANYWAY, I was looking up the distance from the hotel to the downtown area on Google for the wedding map, and some reviews came up. Apparently we're all in for rude staff, live bugs, and mold. Yippee.

Monday was all about yardwork, grilling hotdogs on the deck and playing Super Mario World. A wedding-free fun-filled day!

3 comments:

LoveLladro said...

First off... YAY for the staycation! Adam and I have been doing that on the weekends!

Secondly and most importantly... it doesn't matter where you have the party and where we stay... we will rock the house and have a great time doing it. rude staff = rude guest ;~) live bugs... we'll bring the bug spray. mold... we won't breathe all that much. Other than that... we will party hearty and celebrate the reason we are all there... to see you and Nick get hitched! It's going to be a blast... no matter what!

KaraB said...

I find that people are just too stinking picky. I usually just bring my own pillowcase and I'm good. I do hope you have some fruit there I can torch though.

Anonymous said...

You guys have so much fun together without planning any special things to do. You will have fun at your wedding with your lovely family and friends!