Monday, September 8, 2008

A little travel inspiration in Hamilton

So, on my last postings, I was wondering if we should even spend the money to go on a honeymoon. To cheer me up, Nick took me to the new "hot spot" in our neighborhood. I am in love with the Hamilton Tavern. The atmosphere is so friendly and vintage-farm.

While we were drinking our ressurections & eating our amazing fried dill pickels, natty-boh battered onion rings and old bay steamed shrimp (see I told you it was going to be a fry-feast and empty calories), we started chatting to the middle to older-aged couple next to us. Before I knew it, they were buying us rounds and regaling us with stories about their travels in France and Italy. They really emphasized how amazing it was. When we left the bar and walked (do I mean stumbled?) up the hill to our house, we were back on board with our honeymoon. We will have debt hanging over us for years to come, but if we don't do this now, we may never get to.


Oh, and in wedding news, I booked a caterer! Woohoo! That is such a load off. So much in fact, that I did ZERO wedding things this weekend. :)

3 comments:

KaraB said...

As far as I know, we're only here once. I would rather be riddled w/debt forever and have experienced paradise on earth than to save money and not go. You're making the right decision in my book.

LoveLladro said...

There are certain things worth the money and a honeymoon is one of them! 2 months and 6 days until the celebration begins!

Anonymous said...

Just do it, Rose! It is your honeymoon and you won't regret!!