I LOVE food. Seriously. You just wouldn't know it to look at my fridge/pantry/lack of a lunch. I love going to new resturants using local cuisine and trying new blends of flavors and texture. I love perusing my local farmer's market. I love cooking shows and movies based around cooking. I love reading about food. I have TONS of food magazines and cookbooks. I collect vintage cookbooks. I read recipes on Martha Stewart, Smitten Kitchen & Orangette (to name a few), and I buy all the ingredients to make these wonderful dishes. I love the IDEA of being a foodie. I love pretending to love cooking food. Meaning: I cook really hard wonderful stuff on special occasions, because I really just want people to think I cook amazingly well. I love the "oohs & ahhs" and the "oh my God, you made that from scratch?!?" I love the idea of making my own pie crusts, and a fresh loaf of bread daily (and reaping/eating the reward!)
BUT, to be honest... I'm just too damn lazy to actually cook for myself. The food rots in my fridge or expires in my pantry.That is where I need your help. I am SO bored with our usual spaghetti, tacos or baked potato weeknight meals. We don't have very much time now with working and a baby, but I need to eat better now more than ever. Do you have any meals you make for your family that are easy and quick, don't require a ton of weird ingredients, and pack lots of yummy goodness & nutrients?
(I did make these awesome marshmallows for Christmas. I highly recommend them - but make sure to buy pastuerized eggs!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I do have some pretty quick and easy recipes... I am always looking for more but I'll share what I have with you!
Post a Comment