Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day three - Warning this is a negative rant

This sucks. 
Nick is home and he calls me and I hear my baby in the background. It doesn't matter if she's screaming her head off or cooing and laughing and "talking" - it breaks me down everytime. People say it will get better, but I think it's getting worse everyday. Today's Wednesday - the 3rd day. I can't even believe that I have 2 more days of this until the weekend. I don't even want to acknowledge next week. People also say that I should tell Nick not to call me - that is makes it worse. But to be honest, I call him just to hear my baby girl. The photos plastered to my cube wall don't do her justice.
I sit in the handicapped shower stall downstairs in the walk-in refigerator bathroom and pump. I think pumping may be one of my most personally humiliating experiences. I feel like a little kid hiding...
I wasn't a very good SAHM while I was on maternity leave. The house is a mess, the laundry piled up, and Nick had to cook dinner when he got home from work. I did manage to get Christmas cards made and sent. I wanted to do so much more. I wanted to can and sew and organize. Instead, I watched Ellen and played Farmville (while nursing). I sucked at that. I suck at this. I see a theme developing...

Oh, my readers, you are lucky. I have to cut my rant short to go and do some Excel work. Woohoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still suck at everything around the house and many parts of being a stay at home mom. Even though I had a thought that I would go back to work in a year when I quit, I don't think a year would be a good enough time for me to adjust to my whole new life style since I had a baby. One of my neighborhood mom buddies worked full time until her son was a year old. Then she quit and she told me that it took longer than a year to find a fine tune. I am not going to say it is easy. But either working outside of home or working at home—raising a baby is requires more than a full time job!—, you will get there somehow. Cheer up!

LoveLladro said...

I was near tears reading this... even knowing that you are now a SAHM... I was still so sad you had to go through this at all. I had no idea (stupid wrong URL). I am glad it's over and that you are home now. As far as being a SAHM, your groove will come... then you'll lose it for a day... then it will come back. If you're anything like me ;~)