Thursday, January 7, 2010

My complaints continue...

Everyone here in the office is sick. There is coughing and sniffling and wheezing all around me. I am convinced I'm going to pick something up and bring it home to Josie. I change my clothes and wash my hands everytime I come home before I'll even pick her up. She doesn't seem to mind the delay. In fact, she doesn't seem to mind that I'm gone all day. She'll smile and start smacking her lips when I pick her up. "Oh, the milk machine's home!" I thought when I left, her whole world would come crashing down. I thought she'd cry and freak out. Instead, she's hanging out with her daddy and learning new things everyday. I have only been working for 3.5 days now, and I feel like I'm missing everything. I am missing my baby going from an infant to a cute, happy, interactive baby. She'll be sitting and crawling before I know it. This doesn't seem natural. Women weren't meant to work full time up until giving birth, and then just a few short months later. I totally support women who choose to go back to work, but I am hating it. I've been an hour late to work everyday this week. Is that bad?
It does give me some comfort that Nick isn't doing better than I did. He's great with Josie, but just like me, he can't find the time to cook, clean or launder.

This photo is crappy quality (it's from our antiquated cell phone), but this is Josie eating from the bottle on my first day back at work. See, the world is definitely not crashing down.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

'some comfort that Nick isn't doing any better than i did... he can't find the time to cook, clean or launder' - i know JUST how you feel. i do feel better when adam can't keep up... like I am not totally inept! BUT at the same time, CUT YOURSELF SOME SLACK! a baby (and a toddler) is a FT job... and in time, you'll get better at balancing the baby with the other stuff. Nick can cook for a few more months... no one will die ;~) Seriously, cut yourself some slack... love you!