Wednesday, January 6, 2010

May Flowers

So way back in May, the in-laws came for a visit. It was nice and warm. (Ah - remember those days of sunshine and not bitter freezing temps?) We went to the Druid Hill Park Conservatory. I was impressed. It's free (although they do have a place for small $1 or $2 donations) and a really fun way to spend a morning or afternoon. If the weather's nice, you could even picnic in the park. I can't believe I've lived in Baltimore for 10 years and it has taken me this long to visit the conservatory. The old Victorian architecture and plants are so worth it. Of course, my camera battery died less than halfway in, so I don't have any shots of the rose garden outside or the mediterranean or desert rooms. However, I have lots of palm, orchid & tropical plant pictures!
























And here is our awesome arbor with climbing roses that Nick built.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice photos. ahhhh can't wait for Spring.